Rhytides, also commonly known as wrinkles, are folds in the skin that come naturally as you age. There can be a lot of factors on how and why we have wrinkles appearing in our skin. Dehydration, toxins, and the environment we are in are the common factors that lead to prominent wrinkles. You can’t really avoid these factors for the most part, but the best you can do is to try and avoid them the best way possible.
The med spa that I go to, which is the best med spa in ST. Louis, are experts in both anti-wrinkle care as well as chemical peels. In this article, we will be sharing with you some natural tips on how to prevent prominent wrinkles and some ways on how to get rid of them.
How to Prevent Wrinkles
- Wear sunscreen at all times. This is the simplest but most effective way to prevent wrinkles and other skin damages brought by the sun. Make sure to grab a sunscreen with an SPF over 30. Applying sunscreen will not just prevent you from getting burnt from sun exposure, but it will also help in delaying the aging of your skin. Sunscreen is a must-have in your everyday life.
- Smoking can also affect your skin. Developing a smoking habit may add up to premature aging of your skin. The effects of smoking to your skin will not show until you already have a deep furrow developing in your skin through excessive smoking.
- Wash your face at night. No matter how tired you are, see to it that you have time to tend and care for your skin. Avoid leaving makeup on your face as you sleep. Remember about not scrubbing too roughly in your skin since it will also cause premature aging. Gently massage your skin with a mild cleanser and pat it gently afterward with a clean towel.
- Make sure to always moisturize your skin. See to it that your skin is always properly hydrated. Having a dry skin also means that your skin cells are shrinking. Shrinking skin cells will eventually lead to the development of fine lines and creases.
- Eat nutritious food. It may be safe to say that what you eat can definitely define how your body functions. Make sure that your body gets the nutrients and vitamins it needs. Eat foods rich in vitamin e. vitamin A and beta carotene.
Treatment to Lessen the Appearance of Wrinkles
- Retinoids Treatment
These medications are proven effective to lessen the appearance of skin pigmentation, roughness, and wrinkles. This will cause your skin to be red and to peel. Results will be seen as soon as your skin stops peeling.
2. Glycolic Acid Peels and Deeper Peels Treatment
Ingredients like phenol and trichloroacetic acid are used to penetrate the skin and cause it to peel from deep within. After peeling, it will lessen the appearance of fine lines. Just be careful with this treatment since it may have painful side effects and may not suit your skin.
3. Plastic surgery
If you really want your wrinkles to be gone, you can try this option. Facelifts and brow lifts are fairly common nowadays. This is just a minor procedure to help you erase fine lines and deep furrows and bring back the youthful vibe to your skin.
Age may just be a number, but we surely don’t want it to show in our skin and faces. Wrinkles are a natural part of getting old. Those fine lines and deep furrows surfacing in your skin may bother you, and you may be finding a way on how to get rid of them. Nothing is wrong with aging, but as they say, it is better to age like a fine wine. Wrinkles may not be literally reversed, but you can surely try to deal with it as gracefully as you can.