Physical therapy is helpful for people of all ages with illnesses, injuries, or debilitating medical conditions that limit their daily activities.
An individualized Physiotherapy plan can help people return to their normal lifestyles, and encourage them to do activities and lifestyle changes that help to prevent any further injuries by improving their overall health and well being. Primary care doctors often recommend physical therapy to patients when they experience their first symptoms since Physiotherapy is considered an excellent approach to managing physical health issues. There are many good Physiotherapy clinics in Singapore that you should consider visiting in case you were recommended physical therapy. Here are some incredible benefits of undertaking physical therapy:
- Avoiding surgery: surgery may not be needed if physical therapy helps you eliminate pain or heal from an injury. You may benefit from pre-surgery physical therapy, even if surgery is required. You will recover quicker afterward in many cases if you are going into a surgery stronger and in better shape. Health care costs are also reduced by avoiding surgery.
- Eliminate or reduce pain: Manual therapy techniques and therapeutic exercises and such as soft tissue mobilization or joint or treatments such as taping, ultrasound, or electrical stimulation can help alleviate the pain and restore joint muscle function. These kinds of therapies can also prevent pain from returning.
- Improving mobility: In case you’re having trouble walking, standing, or moving around, regardless of your age, physical therapy is a great option. strengthening and stretching exercises help you in restoring your ability to move normally. Physical therapists can fit people with crutches or any other assistive devices, canes, or assess for orthotic prescription properly. Any activity that is important to an individual’s life can be practiced and adapted to ensure maximal performance and safety by customizing an individual care plan.
- Recovering from a stroke: It’s very common to lose some level of movement and functionality after experiencing a stroke. Physical therapy helps you in strengthening any weakened part of your body and improving balance and gait. Physical therapists also improve stroke patients’ ability to move around and transfer in bed to allow them to be more independent around their homes. They also can help reduce their burden of care for bathing, toileting, dressing, and another day to day activities.
- Improving your balance and preventing falls: You will most probably get screened for fall risk once you start physical therapy. Therapists will provide exercises that carefully and safely challenge your balance as a way to mimic real-life situations if you’re at high risk for falls. They can also help you with specific exercises for improving your coordination and use assistive devices to implement safer walking. If a problem in your vestibular system causes the balance problem, physical therapists can perform specific maneuvers that quickly restore proper vestibular functioning, and eliminate and reduce symptoms of dizziness or vertigo.